INFORMATION RELEVANT TO SUDDEN DEATH
WARNING about Aspartame
Aspartame seems to be especially dangerous for young athletes, high energy persons, and those drinking ‘diet’ pop. Aspartame breakdown products release norepinephrine, epinephrine dopamine, and free methanol. It fosters other problems, such as excessive insulin release. It has adversely affected previously well individuals, such as pilots, drivers and athletes. There is a paper written by H.J. Roberts, MD, FACP, FCCP, which he wrote because so many athletes are dropping dead. Aspartame can and does interact with medications as well as with other natural substances. Be wary!
“Over 460,000 people annually die of a disorder called sudden cardiac death” (CDC statistic). This condition strikes otherwise healthy people who have experienced no obvious symptoms of heart disease prior to their abrupt deaths. This includes an alarming number of young athletes and professional athletes. A mechanism has been proposed ... the excitotoxin damage caused by food additives and aspartame is ignored, despite growing evidence that excitotoxin plays a major role in cardiac disease.
Low magnesium, high calcium, low fatty acids plus excitotoxins under conditions of strenuous exercise, especially in extreme heat, along with the use of carbonated drinks, leads to a deadly result.
Young people live on junk foods, and several studies have shown that the levels of excitotoxic additives in this food is equal to those that cause damage in experimental animals; and humans are 5 times more sensitive to these toxins than any animal.
Ultra Omega Linic
Calcium D Chelate
Vitamin D3 or
Opti-MSM Lotion Plus
Vitamin C 1000
Renewal Alpha Lipoic
Vitamin D3 + K
SPECIAL RECOMMENDATIONS FOR ATHLETES
AND THOSE WITH HIGH ENERGY ACTIVITIES
All people eating the typical “Western Diet” will benefit greatly from a good multiple vitamin formulation like Ultra Vites, and essential fatty acids as are in Ultra Omega-Linic. Athletes and those with high energy expenditures should prevent carbohydrate depletion and dehydration. In addition, Magnesium depletion can be a severe life threatening problem.
The increased needs of the athlete and those working in the extremes of temperature, from activities which push the body to its limit, take a toll. Sweating, tissue wear and tear, and healing injuries make demands for extra special support. Be sure to eat a diet of adequate protein providing all of the essential amino acids. Drink water to replace fluids lost during exercise. The other nutrients must also be available to the body in greater than normal quantities. Following the nutritional recommendations shown will provide adequate amounts of the necessary nutrients.
The anti oxidant nutrients are vitamins E and C, and Alpha Lipoic acid. Anti oxidants are important to reduce tissue irritations, inflammations and loss of energy from free radicals caused by the oxidative stress of extreme exercise and body exertion.
Yucca relieves pain, and for most people it is equivalent to the pain relief seen with the use of NSAIDs (which has side effects). Use 2 Yucca 3 or 4 times per day as needed for pain.
MSM-750 has been shown to be very helpful in the prevention of soreness when taken pre and post exercise/exertion. In addition, it’s anti inflammatory and pain relieving properties are very helpful when healing injuries. Opti-MSM Lotion Plus is a very effective topical pain relieving lotion.
AMINO ACIDSIn general, begin any AA at 2 grams , increase to 5 or 6 grams, depending on the need . Note: High doses can cause cramping and/or diarrhea.
- A large percentage of Amino Acids are metabolized to carbohydrate on the first pass through the liver.
- The Amino Acids work better when taken together rather than individually.
- Consider Spirulina, a natural protein source with antioxidants, phytonutrients and other benefits.
- L-Arginine (500 mg l-Arginine) - can be used preexercise to stimulate the production of growth hormone. Herpes type I or II can be flared by l-arginine.
- If a herpes flare occurs take L-Lysine gram for gram with l-arginine. If herpes is still a problem, just use l-lysine.
- Eat an adequate protein diet providing all of the essential amino acids.
- Combat the effects of fatigue, especially for endurance sports.
- Carbohydrate depletion and dehydration cause fatigue. In addition to Ultra Omega-Linic (which provides long chain fatty acids) and Ultra Vites, many report an increased level of energy, endurance and shortened recovery time from the use of Ultra Monolaurin (a 90% pure coconut product). This effect comes from the conversion of monolaurin in the body to ketones, which can be metabolized as easily as glucose.
- Magnesium depletion produces the most significant negative effect. Cover the loss with Ultra Magnesium Chelate.
Vitamins & PerformanceAll the vitamins, A, B vitamins, C, D and E play important roles as cofactors for energy production. (hint: Ultra Vites has a high level of all vitamins, especially the B vitamins)
Minerals & PerformanceMinerals, especially Magnesium, Zinc, Iron and Calcium, are important for bone strength and health. (hint: UltraVites contains chelated, bio available minerals) Calcium D chelate and Ultra-Magnesium chelate provide high levels of chelated minerals.
- Always include Ultra Omega-Linic and Ultra Vites to insure that all nutrients & anti oxidants are available to speed healing.
- Inflamease and Ultra Omega-Linic combat inflammation - which also promotes healing
- MSM-750 (capsules) and Opti-MSM Lotion Plus combat pain and inflammation
Soft tissue Injuries result in inflammation
- InflamEase at 4 per day provides proteolytic enzymes
- Use Ultra Omega-Linic for inflammation - 8 to12 per day is most effective
- with cartilaginous injuries consider Phyto Flex Extra.
- Use the Ultra Omega-Linic and Ultra Vites to cover all the nutritional bases
- Vitamins D3+K or Vitamin D3 5000 1 per day NOTE: Vitamin K should be used under medical supervision when taking anticoagulant drugs
- Increase Calcium & Magnesium to 6 Calcium D chelate + 2 Ultra Magnesium Chelate capsules per day
- MSM-750 will speed the healing process and minimize the pain.
- Ultra-Strontium is a drug FREE way to support strong, healthy bones. Take 3 per day away from other minerals and food.
- WARNING: Strontium can cause premature closure of growth plates so it is contraindicated for children and adolescents until these plates are closed.
Wound/Skin trauma Injuries
- Opti-MSM lotion Plus can be rubbed sore spots on as often as needed
- MSM-750 (capsules) 3 to 6 per day helps healing
- Vitamins C, A, E, which are an integral part of the protocols above