Fill a 4-ounce spritzer bottle with distilled water and add 40 to 60 drops EO. Always shake before spraying. Create a spritzer to purify your bathroom, playroom, or kitchen, and make others to enhance the atmosphere of your living room or bedroom. Can also be used for cleaning. Optional: add an emulsifier and/or rubbing alcohol to your recipe.
Add 5 to 10 drops of pure EO to 1 teaspoon of carrier such as a natural bath gel base or grapeseed oil. Add to your fully drawn bath and gently stir into bath water just before you enter. Relax in tub for 20 minutes and then afterward rest for at least 1/2 hour. (Note: Never add EOs to your bath without diluting in carrier first. “Hot” and citrus oils added to bath water may cause irritation in those with sensitive skin.)
Add 15 to 20 drops EO to each ounce of lotion base. Shake well, then enjoy your own custom lotion. For a summer cool-down or foot freshener include a small amount of peppermint in your selection of essential oils.
Mix 4 ounces of distilled water or pure floral water with 30 to 50 drops of pure EO. Shake well before each use (or add an emulsifier to your recipe). Avoid spraying into eyes. Optional: add emulsifier.
In a clean bowl, mix 6 to 8 drops of EO with 8 ounces of steaming hot or icy cold water. Soak a clean cloth in the bowl mixture, then wring into the bowl the excess liquid. After placing this cloth compress on the desired area, cover the cloth with plastic wrap, then top with a dry towel. Avoid “hot” or irritating EOs for this method unless included as a minor percentage of a professionally formulated blend.
1) Diffuse in our Ultra Jet diffusor. 2) Shake bottle, remove cap, and inhale directly from the bottle. 3) Place a few drops onto a tissue or cotton pad an inhale. 4) Place 1 drop of oil onto the palm of your hand, rub hands together, and then inhale from your cupped palms. Caution: Avoid contact with skin other than your palms unless the oil is diluted down in a carrier. Only adults should perform this method. Only professionally formulated blends should be chosen for this method; single "hot," "medicinal" or menthol containing essential oils are too potent.
Pour steaming hot water into a glass or stainless steel bowl. Add 5 drops of your selected essential oil combination (e.g., Breathe Easy, ImmuBoost Extra) to the water. Close eyes to avoid irritation, drape a towel over your head and bowl and inhale 3-5 minute. May perform several times per day to help with respiratory complaints.
Full body: add 10 to 15 drops of pure EO to 1 oz. (30 mL) of a carrier such as body balm base,lotion, grapeseed oil, olive, etc. Partial body: add 20 to 40 drops of pure EO to 1 oz. of carrier.
Mix 4 ounces of distilled water or pure floral water with 20 to 30 drops of pure EO. Shake well before each use. Avoid spraying into eyes. Refrigerate to enhance the refreshing effect. Optional: add emulsifier.
add 10 to 15 drops of EO per 1 oz. of your base
add 20 to 40 drops of EO per 1 oz. base
add 6 to 10 drops of EO per 1 oz. base aldkfjadlfkjdksljffjdalfkj;faldkjfadf
add 5 to 12 drops of EO to bath water (emulsify first in body wash)
Water Based Misters
Skin care tonic: add 10 to 15 drops of EO per 2 oz. base solution
Body Spritzer: add 15 to 25 drops of EO per 2 oz. base solution
Room Freshener: add 20 to 30 drops of EO per 2 oz. base solution
Care of Essential Oils
- Always properly dilute essential oils before use on the skin or in the bath.
- Always keep essential oils away from the eyes.
- If you are pregnant, consult a qualified health practitioner before using any essential oil preparation.
- Do not take essential oils internally except when using a properly diluted, professionally formulated product (e.g., capsules, tincure blend) intended for internal use, or upon the advice and with the guidance of a qualified healthcare professional.
- These recommendations are intended for adults and children 12 years of age and up. For children 4-11 years of age and individuals with sensitive skin, cut the dosage in half. Consult a qualified practitioner to adjust percentage ratios and applications suitable for children under 4 years of age, infants, or pets.
- Avoid potentially toxic oils such as wintergreen as well as “hot” oils such as cinnamon, clove, & thyme for children or those with sensitive skin (unless included in a professionally formulated EO blend).
- Avoid applying Eucalyptus and Peppermint to the faces of infants or children.
Toxicity: Usually by ingestion and dependent on dosage. (The internal use of essential oils is not recommended without the guidance or supervision of a qualified health professional.)
Sensitization: Allergic reactions from internal or external use.
Irritation: The least harmful response to essential oils usually resulting from topical application.
Note: The statements made in this informational guide have not been evaluated by the FDA (U.S. Food & Drug Administration). The products listed are not intended to diagnose, cure or prevent any disease, and should not be used as a substitute for medical care. Individuals using essential oils should be educated about their use, properties, safety precautions, and dosage or be under the care of a qualified health professional.